PPPOE server with pppoed and mppe

Emil Filipov tie at einet.bg
Fri Jan 16 08:08:06 PST 2004

> E> As you can see the client does not agree with MRU of 1488 (I tried
initially with the default of 1492). Bug in RASPPPOE implementation?

G> Surely. One more person faced this bug. :)
G>
G> On PPPoE ACes I use a patched mpd, where MRU negotiation is commented
out.
G> You should send a bug report to Robert Schlabbach, RASPPPoE's author. I
G> always forget to do it :)

OK, I have patched (commented) the MRU problem. Now I'm able to successfully
connect to the server. But guess what happens when I connect with mppe? I
get about half the speed compared to connection without encryption..
Top says that I have plenty of hardware resources free. How about that?Could
this be a VLAN issue?

Regards,
Emil Filipov