PPPOE server with pppoed and mppe

Emil Filipov tie at einet.bg
Fri Jan 16 03:11:04 PST 2004

G> Why don't you try /usr/ports/net/mpd instead of pppoed+ppp?

Because the last time I read the mpd manual, it said that mpd can only act
as a ppoe client and not as a pppoe server. Which is not true for the last
mpd version (3.16). So thanks, this is a possibility that I will test
immediately :)

However this does not answer the question about the (broken?) mppe
implementation in ppp(8). And I feel more comfortable using base
applications, than 3rd party software. It's not that I don't like mpd, it's
great, but why use it when we should be able to accomplish the task with the
built-in FreeBSD functionality?

Regards,
Emil Filipov