Driver for D-Link DWL-G520+ ??

jeremie le-hen le-hen_j at epita.fr
Wed Jan 7 06:39:53 PST 2004

> On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 08:23:36PM +0200, Jukka A. Ukkonen wrote:
> > 	Is there anyone writing a driver for a D-Link DWL-G520+ card
> > 	(apparently prism54)?
>
> I know a chap (local to me) working on such a thing:- http://wlan.kewl.org/

I have the same PCI wireless card.  It seems that buying a D-Link card
is a kind of lottery : depending on a few numbers near the barcode, you
may have either some chipset or another from a different manufacturer...

Since I'm not a lucky guy, I didn't get the one working with the ath(4)
driver (Atheros), but instead I got the one which seems to have a
Texas Intrument chipset which is not officially supported by FreeBSD
yet.  I tried the driver acx(4) driver from the given URL, but it
doesn't work.  The module is successfully loaded but no device is
probed.  Before I bring back my card to the shop, does anyone succeed
in using using this card (with this chipset of course) ?

Thanks in advance,
--
Jeremie LE HEN aka TtZ/TataZ                          jeremie.le-hen at epita.fr
                                                                 ttz at epita.fr