VLAN MTU problem in 4.9 ?

Jeremie LE HEN le-hen_j at epita.fr
Mon Jan 5 02:43:58 PST 2004

> I know now, that xl interface can't pass 1504 frames
> and most 1G interfaces can
>  don't know about another 100M interfaces

Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 also supports it.  I don't know if << Jumbo
Frames >> are supported under FreeBSD with this network adapter, but it
is under Linux with the driver developped by Intel (named "e100").  The
old driver (named "eepro100") does not originally support Jumbo frames,
but a minor modification can enable it.
See http://www.softlab.ntua.gr/~afornaro/downloads/vlan-eepro.patch for
more informations.

Regards,