ppp server request IP address for client from local DHCP server?

Zhang Weiwu weiwuzhang at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 29 08:15:37 PST 2004

Hello. I have configured a ppp server, works great now. Only that the
client address arrange is specified in ppp.conf.

That was two years ago, I setup a ppp link on the Win2k server, on the
tcp/ip setup I select "use DHCP", where there is another DHCP server in the
LAN. A client dials in, pppserver request an IP address from DHCP server,
assign it to pppclient.

Can FreeBSD ppp(8) be configured that way? Just kinda curious.

Thank you.