New failure detection algorithm for ng_one2many(4).

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 16 11:04:17 PST 2004

Hello.

Patch below adds new failure detection algorithm for ng_one2many(4).
For now, the only such algorithm doesn't detect failures, one have
to show active links manually.

	http://garage.freebsd.pl/patches/netgraph_one2many.patch

The way how to use this module (ng_one2many) is described in manual
page, to made use of new algorithm one should execute:

	ngctl msg fxp0:upper setconfig "{ xmitAlg=1 failAlg=2 interval=5 }"

Value '5' after interval means: check interfaces every 5 seconds.
If interface will be down it will not be used.

Note that 'one' interface have to be always avaliable.

Any comments, etc. are of course welcome.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl