VPN with FreeBSD using some form of encryption

Baldur Gislason baldur at foo.is
Fri Feb 13 11:19:11 PST 2004

I have a home network with FreeBSD machines and a laptop running FreeBSD.
The laptop connects to various networks but I'd like to access my home
machines from the laptop, the home machines are behind a freebsd nat
firewall.
I've been using mpd for quite a while, doing a PPTP link from my laptop to
home but it doesn't offer any useful encryption, and the encryption it claims
to offer doesn't seem to work.
Hence, limiting what I can do over the link without fear of being sniffed.
I'd like being able to dial in from anywhere, yet have an encrypted link. What
are my options?
I've read about the IPSEC tunneling support but it seems to me that it's
limited to static tunnels.

Baldur