defect onboard broadcom causing boot hang

Bjorn Eikeland bjorn at eikeland.info
Mon Feb 2 14:36:36 PST 2004

Thanks for your reply Jon!

I've checked the driver cd and it had the drivers under Drivers\LAN\4401\
and I seem to remeber thats what windows once called it. The unidentified
chip id isnt a supprise, the card worked, and suddenly turned into a
unknown device in windows, so it must have changed somehow.

So if the chip stil works then adding/changing the device id sounds like
a plan. Having casted a underskilled eye at the sources I'm not sure what
file to edit, but is this it?:

/usr/src/sys/dev/bfe/if_bfereg.h
ln 396: #define BCOM_DEVICEID_BCM4401   0x4401

(Appologies for asking, but I dont want to mess my new and shiny setup :)