Will rfc2734 be supported?

Kobayashi Katsushi ikob at koganei.wide.ad.jp
Sun Feb 1 22:22:14 PST 2004

Hi,

I have once tried to implement IP over firewire with earlier ID. spec.
in the previous version of driver. The packetization, ARP and broadcast
is not difficult to implement.

However, I cannot believe the MCAP mechanism will not work properly,
since limited No. of acceptable stream channels is supported on
current firewire chipset. I think the current IP over Firewire spec.
does
not include mechanism to suppress channel allocation in the case of
receiver cannot open more stream channels.