Dingo and PerForce

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Mon Dec 20 15:57:39 PST 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 01:23:43PM +0900, gnn at freebsd.org wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> 	For those who use PerForce and want to work on Dingo there is
> 	now a dingo branch, named "dingo".  The dingo branch contains
> 	all of src, not just sys, as I suspect there are userland bits
> 	we'll want to do.  I know I'll be doing userland things.

What's the planned model for committing changes to the main dingo
branch?  The IPv6 ipfw patches I'm working with are probably ready
for wider exposure.

Also, for subsystems such as ip6fw that have no future, how agressive
should we be about nuking them in dingo.  My guess is not very because we
don't want to hamper work that might need to modify the old stuff to be
committed when we aren't entierly sure how much longer we'll be
supporting the subsystem in cvs, but I think there's some arugment for a
more agressive approach to reduce the amount of junk we have to look at.

-- Brooks