bge (BCM5751) maxes out at 620Mb/s TX?

Aleksandr Milewski n6mod at milewski.org
Wed Dec 15 11:31:35 PST 2004

Having pulled in some updates from HEAD to get the BCM5751 working, I am
now stuck at a maximum transmit rate of about 620Mb/s.

Receive works fine, I can receive at about 950Mb/s, but transmit seems
limited. Same hardware (same box) under Linux does 950Mb/s each way, no
problem.

This is with iperf, or a simple UDP blaster tool. Also, running iperf
across the box with or without dummynet suffers the same limitation.

What am I doing wrong?

(If the first thing on that list is "posting to the wrong list", please
steer me in the right direction.)

Thanks,
	Zandr