KAME mip6

Keiichi SHIMA /島慶一 keiichi at iijlab.net
Mon Dec 13 16:08:23 PST 2004

Hi,

From: Michael Lednev <liettneff at bk.ru>
Subject: Re[2]: KAME mip6
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:25:20 +0300

> Bkin> The latest KAME snap shot of FreeBSD5.3+KAME already have MIP6 code.
> Bkin> However, the code is not the same with the old KAME/MIP6. We are now
> Bkin> rewriting the code as a user space program.  (The old KAME/MIP6 is
> Bkin> implemented in a kernel space)
>
> you mean that you how-to from http://www.kame.net/newsletter/20031007/
> will not work with kame+freebsd5?

No, it (the old code) won't work on FreeBSD5+KAME.

> Bkin> Unfortunately, the quality is not very good compared to the old one,
> Bkin> but, we will try to improve the new code continuously.
>
> i tried snap from 20041122 and got compilation error described in
> http://www.kame.net/dev/query-pr.cgi?pr=808 have anything changed
> since?

Yes, we have replaced the code.  The new code supports FreeBSD5.3+KAME.
We also provide a brief introduction of the new code.  Please look at
http://www.kame.net/newsletter/20041211/, too.

Note that the code is not good quality for now.

Regards,
---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <keiichi at iijlab.net>