KAME mip6

Keiichi SHIMA /島慶一 keiichi at iijlab.net
Mon Dec 13 02:08:32 PST 2004

Hi,

From: Michael Lednev <liettneff at bk.ru>
Subject: KAME mip6
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:14:59 +0300

> is there any chance, that kame mip6 stack will work with freebsd-5.3
> out of the box soon?

The KAME project is now working on Mobile IPv6 support for
FreeBSD-5.3+KAME.

The latest KAME snap shot of FreeBSD5.3+KAME already have MIP6 code.
However, the code is not the same with the old KAME/MIP6.  We are now
rewriting the code as a user space program.  (The old KAME/MIP6 is
implemented in a kernel space)

Unfortunately, the quality is not very good compared to the old one,
but, we will try to improve the new code continuously.

Regards,
---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <keiichi at iijlab.net>