em(4) VLAN + PROMISC still doesn't work with latest CVS version

Iasen Kostov tbyte at OTEL.net
Tue Dec 7 20:15:51 PST 2004

   Sorry for that much posts but something weird is going on ... I left
bridge for a while (more than route/arp cache period) and then the stopped.
Same happens when you clear the arp cache as I find out. And as I
expected arps didn't get from the bridge to the host (wherever who-has
ot is-on).
And something else - if the Host has never send an IP packet to the
bridge nothing could pass from bridge to host. I'm clueless but this make
bridge unusable with "em" and vlans.