UCARP support for FreeBSD

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Tue Dec 7 15:29:26 PST 2004

> 	i need to implement gateway redundancy for our server farm. I found
>	UCARP ( http://www.ucarp.org ) as a potential solution, but it is
>	written it is tested successfully only on Linux, OpenBSD and NetBSD.
>
> 	Did anybody have luck with it under FreeBSD ?

I've just discovered UCARP thanks to you.  It didn't have time to give
it a try, however I looked at the documentation.  It seems that UCARP
is a userland tool and thus should work quite well on FreeBSD, more
especially if it works on other BSD systems.

I think now that the 'U' in UCARP means "Userland" :-).

If you successfully run it on FreeBSD-4, it would be nice to keep us
informed, at least for the archives.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen