em, vlan and pf troubles

Mike Wolman mike at nux.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 11:40:38 PST 2004

Hi Max,

No dhcp stuff is running on this box as a client or server
on any interfaces.

I can confirm running tcpdump does "mess" vlan stuff up.

I am reluctant to try the updates as on:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-net&m=110172867801777&w=2 as we
have a lot more than 3 vlans and the box is in use.

However i am willing to give it a go if it helps, is it as simple as
grabbing the latest cvs files from src/sys/dev/em/* and
doing a make buildkernel or do other parts of the tree need updating?

Also i have had a look through the docs for the em driver but cannot
see how to disable the hardware vlan tagging - does anybody know of is
this possible?

Mike.