RELENG_5 material? ip_output.c#rev.1.227

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Mon Aug 23 13:29:06 PDT 2004

On Monday 23 August 2004 21:36, Julian Elischer wrote:
> what's the result of this..?

Uhg ... I knew I was missing something.

This will re-enable the so called "early drop hack" that checks early in the
output path whether or not there is room left in the interface queue. This
reduces the workload and the network lock contention as it avoids unnecessary
progressing of packets that can't be queued (and later sent out) anyway.

For ALTQ enabled queues the check is disabled. Before this change it was
disabled for *all* queues once you put in "options ALTQ".

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org