[4.9-R]Can I Make My DSL Connect Go Faster ?

The Jetman jetman at mycbc.com
Wed Apr 28 16:46:09 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce M Simpson" <bms at spc.org>
To: "The Jetman" <jetman at mycbc.com>
Cc: "FreeBSD Net" <freebsd-net at freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 15:41 PM
Subject: Re: [4.9-R]Can I Make My DSL Connect Go Faster ?

> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 03:29:58PM -0400, The Jetman wrote:
> >     I'm just confused as to why I lose SO much going thru my FBSD box and
> > that's essence of my question.  I can live w/ *some* overhead for the sake
> > of using FBSD, but this is ridiculous.  TIA....Jet
>
> Are you using user space NAT? If so, this might account for some of the
> poor performance. Try reconfiguring your system to use IPFILTER, or
> consider updating to 5-CURRENT and trying pf(4).

    Bruce:  I'd heard about this issue on the mail lists/ngroups, but never
dreamed it was as much of a big deal.  BTW, yes, I *do* use the stock
NATD.  And IPFILTER *is* an option.  Thanx again....Jet

===============  From the desk of Jethro Wright, III  ================
+       If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.                +
+       If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.         +
+       If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.       +
+       If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.      +
===  jetman516 'at' hotmail.com  ==========================  Anon  ===