pim6sd configuration

SUZUKI Shinsuke suz at crl.hitachi.co.jp
Tue Apr 20 00:23:44 PDT 2004

Hi,

(snip)
>    In file /etc/pim6sd.conf I have:
>       phyint xl1 mld_version 2;
>
>    When I open pim6sd.log I don't have any log, is this normal?
>    I'am I doing this the right way?

Seems like pim6sd does not start because of the following reasons.
Could you please check these point?

	- typo in rc.conf:
	you said mroute6d_program is "usr/local/v6/sbin/pim6sd",
	but IMHO, it has to be specified in absolute path.

	- network configuration error:
	pim6sd needs more than one IPv6 interfaces to do multicast
	routing, but I'm not sure if you are really configuring IPv6
	on interfaces other than xl1.

	- some other reason:
	By default, pim6sd logs severe error info in
	/var/log/pim6sd.log.  So you should raed this file to know
	what happens.

Thanks,
----
SUZUKI, Shinsuke @ Hitachi / KAME Project