routed(8) strangeness in 4.8-STABLE

Eugene Grosbein eugen at kuzbass.ru
Wed Sep 24 00:28:10 PDT 2003

Hi!

I run routed(8) on a multihomed machine (3 NICs up and running).
In that cases routed will not inject route from its RIP trable
into the kernel (kernel does not have more general route
through the same inteface)?

For example, consider route to 172.20.11.1/32:

# rtquery -n | fgrep 172.20.11
  172.20.11.16/29    metric  1
  172.20.11.0/27     metric  3            nhop=172.20.15.66

That's right, RIPv2 has the route.

# route -n get 172.20.15.66
route to: 172.20.15.66
destination: 172.20.15.66
  interface: rl1
      flags: <UP,HOST,DONE,LLINFO,WASCLONED>
 recvpipe  sendpipe  ssthresh  rtt,msec    rttvar  hopcount      mtu
expire
       0         0         0         0         0         0      1500       611

And gateway is reachable.

# route -n get 172.20.11.1
   route to: 172.20.11.1
destination: default
       mask: default
    gateway: 172.20.2.101
  interface: fxp0
      flags: <UP,GATEWAY,DONE,STATIC,PRCLONING>
 recvpipe  sendpipe  ssthresh  rtt,msec    rttvar  hopcount      mtu
expire
       0         0         0         0         0         0      1500         0

But kernel does not have specific route and uses default that is wrong.
I run it as routed -s, here is my /etc/gateways:

ripv2
rdisc_interval=45
no_ag
no_super_ag