New snapshot: network stack cloning / virtualization patches

Marko Zec zec at tel.fer.hr
Fri Sep 12 17:26:23 PDT 2003

Bruce M Simpson wrote:

> Hi Marko,
>
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 03:05:15PM +0200, Marko Zec wrote:
> > Network stack cloning patches allow for multiple fully independent network
> > stacks to simultaneously coexistst in a single FreeBSD kernel. Combined with
> [snip]
>
> Your work is most interesting. I look forward to using it as a resource
> from which to learn when researching a prospective policy routing
> implementation for the 5.2 line of development, after the locking work
> has been finished.
>
> Have you considered porting your work to 5.x, perhaps as a Perforce project?

Sure, however until now my plans for doing a port to 5.x were blocked due to
ENOTIME|ENOFUN. I guess a good point for starting such efforts would be after 5.2
is released, when the recent changes -CURRENT network stack have settled down a
little bit. I'll be in need for a lot of help and guidance with 5.x specifics
though...
Cheers,

Marko