SCTP on FreeBSD5.1

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Tue Sep 9 12:29:02 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 03:15:42PM -0400, Sheri Salami wrote:
> Hello:
>
> We are actively working on a project to implement SCTP (actually we want
> to implement the whole SIGTRAN stack ) on FreeBSD 5.1-current.  Are
> there any others who have succesfully done this on 5.1? and are there
> any suggestions or reference info on building and testing?. Or is better
> to wait for the FreeBSD 5.2 stable version.  I'd rather not implement it
> on FreeBSD 4.6. Any Suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Are you implementing SCTP from scratch?

If you run FreeBSD-STABLE (i.e. FreeBSD 4.8), you can get a version
of SCTP in the latest KAME snapshots: http://www.kame.net.

This version of SCTP is a kernel level implementation that is written
and maintained by Randall Stewart, the original designer of the SCTP protocol.

You can get more info at Randall's page: http://www.sctp.org

I've tried to port Randall's SCTP implementation from -STABLE to -CURRENT
(i.e. 5.2), and it is not a trivial thing to do, so I haven't successfully
completed it.

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://crodrigues.org