MPD authenticating against Win NTLM / LDAP

Michael Bretterklieber mbretter at a-quadrat.at
Tue Sep 9 01:11:38 PDT 2003

Hi Alessandro,

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Alessandro de Manzano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently and successfully using MPD 3.13 on a 4.7p9 box as PPTP
> RAS for a bunch of Win2K/XP clients.
>
> I'ld know if it is possible to authenticate such users against a Win2K
> mixed mode domain (NTLM and/or LDAP) instead of manually maintaing a
> mpd.secret file.
> Something like Squid does using Samba's winbindd & co.
You can use RADIUS for authenticating against your windows boxes. I guess
you have a Win2K Server somewhere, if yes, then it's easy enableing (IAS
== Internet Authentication Service == RADIUS), just some clicks.

Then configure MPD using your W2K Box as RADIUS server.

bye,
--
Michael Bretterklieber          - http://www.bretterklieber.com