IPv6 routing

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Thu Oct 30 19:14:21 PST 2003

Hi all,

I am attempting to set up some static ipv6 routes on my little network.

example:

box1 - fec0:0:0:1::1 -------- fec0:0:0:1::2 - box 2 (router) - fec0:0:0:2:1
--------  fec0:0:0:2:2 - box 3

I want to reach from box 1 to box 3

no route6d or anything... this is a really simple network.

sysctl net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=1, net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv=0 on box 2 (the
router)
sysctl net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=0, net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv=1 on boxes 1 and
3 (the hosts).

route add -inet6 -net fec0:0:0:2:: -prefixlen 64 -host fec0:0:0:1::2
on box1

box2 can ping6 to box1 and box3 and vise versa.

why can't box 1 ping6 box 3? What have I missed?

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
"And some run up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stones
to pieces wi' hammers, like so many road makers run daft.
They say it is to see how the world was made."
Sir Walter Scott, St. Ronan's Well 1824