Remote Boot

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Oct 21 12:39:00 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 03:07:32PM -0400, Mikel King wrote:
> Just curious would it be better to add a rule to allowe 67 & 68 (tcp &
> udp) in from the dhcp server instead of leaving the box all open?
> Understand I've never attempted this booting a diskless, but it seems
> like something worth trying....

all this happens before you have a chance to install an ipfw configuration
so what you suggest cannot be done unless you hardwire the rules
in the kernel (which you can't, at the moment; not that it couldn't
be done, ipfw2 is quite flexible in this respect, but the
feature is not implemented now).

	cheers
	luigi