Help Broadcasting a UDP packet on the LAN:URGENT

sarat chandra Annadata saratchandra_a at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 10:47:53 PDT 2003

Hai,
I am need of some urgent techinical help to pull me out of a little problem. I have been
trying to broadcast a UDP packet(actually it is a DHCP offer packet) but
havent' successfully done it sofar. The following is the descripttion
about how I have been trying to do it.
 1) I am creating a socket with sock_dgram option.
 2)Next I am filling up the sockaddr_in structure, with IP address
255.255.255.255 and port number as DHCP client port number.
 3)I am using the setsockopt call with at SOL_SOCKET level, with
SO_BROADCAST FLAG.
 This call is not successfully returning.
 moreover I am successfully setting the flag at the IP-level in either
case my send or sendto system calls fail.

 I want some guidance regarding this, I want to use only socket
interface, in UNIX with C.
 Please pull me out of this, and I shall be grateful to you.
   A working piece of code will be of great help
Thank you,

Sincerely
Sarat Chandra.