Speedtouch internal PCI card support

Josef Karthauser joe at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 19 07:30:02 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 10:30:04PM +0100, Steve Wilson wrote:
> I have a freebsd 4.8 machine currently using an old speedtouch USB
> device to connect to DSL service.
>
> This works fine so maybe I should leave it alone .. But heyho. I have
> notice that Alcatel have now brought out a PCI version of the speedtouch
> and I wondered if it is supported by the freebsd driver, but cannot find
> any mention of it for freebsd, quite a bit for linux which suggests it
> is supported.
>
> Anybody know, or got it working already?
>
> Thanks

There is no support for it under FreeBSD at the moment.  I've got
several sites connected with the usb version and that seems to be the
favoured connection type.  Most ISPs are happier to sell an external usb
box than an internal card.

If there is linux support it would probably be possible to adapt this
for Freebsd but it will only happen if there's a developer with enough
time and motivation to make it happen.

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/