Connecting to Cisco VPN concentrator

Michael Bretterklieber mbretter at a-quadrat.at
Thu Oct 16 23:57:37 PDT 2003

Hi,

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Brett Glass wrote:
> Trouble is, as soon as the Cisco VPN client fires up on his Windows
> machine, it blocks the PPTP or PPPoE connection. In short, it strangles
> itself by cutting off the link over which it must connect. With the
> machine no longer able to reach the Internet, the VPN connection can't
> work, and everything falls apart.

maybe the Cisco client is disabling IP-Forwarding on the Windows machine,
I've seen this with a similar client software from Checkpoint (it refuses
the installation if IP-Fowarding is enabled).

One of my customers is using such client software from cisco, but there
were no problems, I just had to open UDP port 500 (isakmp), but this
customer has a leased line with a router and no PPTP/PPPoE connection must
be established when connecting to the internet.

sorry,
bye,
--
Michael Bretterklieber          - http://www.bretterklieber.com