Question about bridging code

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Thu Oct 16 13:24:47 PDT 2003

this is a really complicatged way of doing this..

why not just use divert sockets, like natd?
or, altenatively, if you must do it at link layer,
use netgraph to directly deliver the packets to your daemon..

as to packet delay, if the daemon has a high priority
then, no, it shouldn't slow it down much..
(natd does this and doesn't make a huge difference..)

it may even be easier to write a netgraph in-kernel kernel module
to do the munging..
see one of the many sample netgraph modules...