named sandbox trouble

Mikko Työläjärvi mbsd at pacbell.net
Sun Oct 12 09:53:38 PDT 2003

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Robert Downes wrote:

[...]

> I've realised that my /etc/resolv.conf is being overwritten on every
> reboot. I assumed this was because of DHCP, but disabling DHCP meant
> that my network connection was disabled.

Create an executable script called /etc/dhclient-enter-hooks,
containing the empty function

 make_resolv_conf() {
    :
 }

That will prevent dhclient from overwriting resolv.conf.  You can
insert any code you want to be executed by dhclient when it gets new
leases.  See dhclient-script(8) for details.

   $.02,
   /Mikko