I would like to tcpdump and get all the packets...

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Wed Oct 1 11:46:03 PDT 2003

Bruce M Simpson wrote:

>This is coming up more often. Perhaps we should consider net/libpcap-devel
>and net/tcpdump-devel ports for people who wish to track CVS and/or
>snapshots of these tools? This might relieve some of the pressure on Bill
>to update the vendor branch so often.

How often is "so often"? The vendor branch is over a year old and the
bug that seems to annoy
most real users of bpf  has been known for quite a while longer and took
a while to get into
the origin and now it only would need to be imported once.

Or is there some larger issues I´m missing or is everybody asking the
same thing for
the same reason and a single update would "calm down" the chatter?

Pete