Straw poll - All-interface broadcast/multicast

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Tue Nov 18 05:02:17 PST 2003

On the subject of hacking the network stack to output broadcast/multicast
datagrams on all appropriate interfaces:-

 Who would like a switch to do this in the kernel?

 Who would be happier with a userland convenience function to do it?

 Who would rather roll their own?

I have a diff in the works to do this, 'just for the heck of it', but I am
very wary of putting anything in the stack 'just for the heck of it' as
the current IP_ONESBCAST workaround strikes me as 'good enough'.

BMS