Routing With Two ISPs?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Wed Nov 12 08:45:54 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Drew Tomlinson" <drew at mykitchentable.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 10:14 AM

> I have a 4.8 box serving as a gateway with two connections to the
> Internet.  Is there some way to set the box up so that packets are
> routed out through the same interface from which they arrived?  For
> example, if a connection is initiated on port 80 from a packet
arriving
> on one interface, is there a way to make the outgoing packets from my
> web server use that same interface as a gateway instead of the default
> interface?
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you to all that responded.  Because of my unique situation that
requires NAT to be run on the Linksys AP/router, and it's limitation of
only forwarding to IP addresses in it's own subnet, I'm not sure if I
will be able to accomplish my goal.  However, I will try the suggestions
and post my results over the next few weeks.

I just wanted to acknowledge all that responded and say "thank you".

Drew