nested ipfw dummynet pipes

Don Bowman don at sandvine.com
Fri Jun 20 11:18:24 PDT 2003

From: Luigi Rizzo [mailto:rizzo at icir.org]

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 01:41:21PM -0400, Don Bowman wrote:
> > is there any way, in a bridging config, to have nested pipes?
>
> net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass=0 should do the job, i think the comment
> in the manpage is now incorrect and the code (in net/bridge.c)
> has been fixed (one-line) to implement this.
>
> Check the commit logs, i don't have them handy at the moment.

Thanks very much, I will check this. I assume this will be true
for IPFW2 rather than IPFW.

It appears that 1.16.2.23, nov 21 2002, RELENG_4 has this
from the log:
"MFC: obey to fw_one_pass in bridge and layer 2 firewalling (the latter
only affects ipfw2 users).
Move fw_one_pass from ip_fw[2].c to ip_input.c to avoid depending on
IPFIREWALL."

I will try this out.