Problem w. DDOS and ipfw (5.0-R)

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Jun 3 04:15:04 PDT 2003

certainly the box should not die, so there might be a bug in that part
of the ipfw code.
However, as a general principle, you should avoid to create a setup where
dynamic rules are created by incoming traffic, as you are making
yourself a victim for DoS attacks.

Also, if you are having performance problems, perhaps you should
run 4.8 instead of 5.0, and use polling on the "em" side ("xl" does
not support it yet).

	cheers
	luigi