SysKonnect 9821 Adapters

Jung-uk Kim jkim at niksun.com
Tue Jul 29 11:33:44 PDT 2003

On Monday 28 July 2003 05:33 pm, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
> Hi, we recently bought a "fully supported" SysKonnect 9821 adapter,
> but it claims to be "V2.0".  I can't find any docs anywhere on this
> extra "feature" but the card does not detect under either a
> standard kernel or one with the sk driver compiled in...

V2.0 is NOT supported by FreeBSD yet.  FYI, this one has Marvell's
Yukon controller.

http://www.marvell.com/products/pcconn/yukon/index.jsp

The previous 'version' used SysKonnect Genesis and XaQti XMAC II
combo.  V2.0 is sort of compatible with the previous version in many
ways but identification/initialization change is required.

> This is a 64 bit card in a dell poweredge 600SC.
>
> By the way, according to LINT, support for the 9821 is provided by
> the bge driver.  According to "man sk" it's provided by the sk
> driver.  Could this be part of the problem?

No, bge supports SK-9D21.

Jung-uk Kim