net/1 - net/2 - net/3

Wes Peters wes at softweyr.com
Mon Jul 28 14:02:09 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 11:14, Van Vinh Vo wrote:
> what is net/1 ? net/2 ? net/3,
> what is the current net now ?

1) These questions are NOT suitable for the -net mailing list, which is
for discussing development of networking stacks in FreeBSD.  If you
must ask this sort of drivel, please do so on -chat, which was made for
drivel.

2) net/2 and net/3 were code distributions from UC Berkeley.  Your
favorite UNIX history site will provide you with any details you want.
Some of them might even be accurate.

Wes Peters                                              wes at softweyr.com