NAT and PPTP

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Wed Jul 23 22:37:58 PDT 2003

At 10:23 PM 7/23/2003, Archie Cobbs wrote:

>I'd like to, but to be truthful I don't have much time to spare
>these days...

Would it be possible for you to spend just a few hours on converting
code from mpd's pptp_ctrl.c and pptp.c into the basis of the daemon?
The daemon would need to accept incoming "calls" only (which means the
code for outgoing calls could be scrubbed), dispatch GRE packets into
pipes to instances of "ppp -direct <label>" (which would be created as
needed), and send data received from those processes out over GRE,
adding the correct call ID for that instance.

It seems as if all of the call management code is already written.
It's just a bear to analyze, and you know it because you wrote it. ;-)

--Brett