[net]pb of newbee !!!

zel at free.fr zel at free.fr
Tue Jul 22 03:41:57 PDT 2003

Here is my problem...

Ethernet 10.0.0.0/24                <-----> 192.168.1.0/24  workstations.
ADSL     <---- FreeBSD firewalling routing
Modem                               <-----> 10.1.0.0/24 servers (DMZ)

So the firewall has some net interfaces:

ep0, ed1 and ed2 but also tun0 for ADSL pppoe...

I use natd for nating all packets through Internet but I would like offer a FTP
service over Internet and my local AREA.

My FTP server is launched on an another FreeBSD computer placed in the DMZ.
Currently, all workstations can access to it, and the firewall too.
But, I cannot access to my FTP server from outside...

Someone gave me the following solution but, it does not work... (possibly due
to a mystake in my configuration)

natd -dynamic -n tun0 -redirect_port 10.1.0.1:ftp ftp
(10.1.0.1 is the ftp server IP address).

When I look what it is spending, i got the following results.

tun0 receive the incoming packet but does not forward it to the good computer.
(ftp client shows so the classic message: "connection closed by host", which is
meaning that the ftp client try to connect to the firewall instead of the ftp
server)

So: What I have to do to make it works ?

Thanks for your help...

Sylvain.