FreeBSD 5.0 ncplib missing kernel module nwfs.ko?

Roger Olofsson roger.olofsson at kommun.engelholm.se
Sun Jul 20 23:28:14 PDT 2003

Hello Kris and thank you for your swift reply,

I have searched the machine for nwfs.ko and it doesn't exist. I have of
course rebuilt kernel with options IPX and recompiled ncplib to make sure
that it didn't 'get lost' during that process. I have also cvsupped all-src.

When I did this on FreeBSD4.6, 4.4 and older machines it always worked
after enabling IPX in kernel and compile in ncplib, is there any other way
of enabling nwfs in the kernel?

Btw, the module if_ef.ko is there and IPCrouted is started fine and
ifconfig displays the IPX info.

Grateful for any response,

/Roger

At 02:27 2003-07-20 -0700, you wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:50:02AM +0200, Roger Olofsson wrote:
> > Dear Mailinglist,
> >
> > My FreeBSD5.0 tells me "ncp_initlib: can't find kernel module" after doing
> > a mount_nwfs. Kldstat -v tells me that nwfs.ko isn't there. The
> if_ef.ko is
> > there though. I have options IPX in kernel and the IPXrouted is running
> > fine.
>
>kldstat tells you that the module isn't *loaded*.  Have you added nwfs
>support to your kernel, or do you have the nwfs.ko module available in
>the module load path?
>
>Kris

Med vänlig hälsning

Roger Olofsson