Trouble with natd and path mtu discovery (ICMP_UNREACH_NEEDFRAG)

Rolf Grossmann grossman at progtech.net
Thu Jul 17 08:05:48 PDT 2003

Hi again,

I've done some more research and I think I found the reason for my problem:
It's in lib/libalias/alias.c rev 1.23:

> Changed the way we handle outgoing ICMP error messages -- do
> not alias `ip_src' unless it comes from the host an original
> datagram that triggered this error message was destined for.
>
> PR:     20712

Now I guess something was mixed up here. The PR was talking about
incoming ICMP error message, while the log message and my problem
concerns outgoing ICMP messages.

Am I all wrong here?

Bye, Rolf