Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5705M support

Boris Georgiev maav at cablebg.net
Mon Jul 14 14:17:47 PDT 2003

Kenneth,

As I already posted William, I have bad news - it doesn't work for me. I
rebuilt kernel yesterday with
the patched sources and the only thing that happened is that the kernel
recognised the LAN card and
after that it tried to upload the firmware on the NIC chip, but
unsuccessfully. It gave me out
an timeout message and didn't load the driver at all. I am sorry that at
this time I cannot send
the exact message from the kernel, but the notbook is at my office, so I
will post it
tomorrow if the output will help for finding out what the problem is.
Best regards,

Boris Georgiev