ipprecedence

Eugene Grosbein eugen at kuzbass.ru
Sat Jul 5 19:52:30 PDT 2003

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> Bottom line -- the whole architecture has been designed with
> FIFO in mind, and implementing any different queueing policy
> will involve some significant rewriting of the device drivers,
> plus, potentially, some significant performance loss.

Thank you for detailed explanation.  I hope that dummynet's WFQ
would be sufficient but not sure: will it correctly process
weights whith zero-bandwidth pipe?

I mean one dummynet pipe (bw 0) and two dummynet queues for that pipe
assigning weight 1 and weight 100. That's for each direction of traffic,
of course.

Eugene