Performance improvement for NAT in IPFIREWALL

Achim Patzner ap at bnc.net
Thu Jul 3 01:30:11 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 08:48:27PM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> >>"Since NAT actually adds no security,
> >You're of the school that sez "what I tell you three times is true?"
> It worked for Dorothy, right?  :-)

Well... If you only want to convince hillbillies it might be enough.

Actually NAT makes networks safer; it has been stopping a lot of drive-by
self-foot-shooting by Windows users around me (who were so frustrated by not
being able to run their c00l borgware. You see? I'm a strong believer in
"the enemy is NOT out there on the Net"...

Achim