3rd nic's a charm?

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Mon Dec 29 10:33:56 PST 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Tim Pushor wrote:

> I have recently added another network at home, and wanted to add another
> interface to the box, so I added another 509b and the box became
> unstable. It would work, then hang, then work etc. The thing just
> rebooted itself a few minutes ago.

Is the new NIC sharing an irq with some other device?

Also, when you say that it hangs, is it hanging or crashing?  If it's
actually hanging, then it may be useful to add DDB to your kernel and hit
ctrl-alt-esc to see if you can successfully break into the kernel
debugger during one of these hangs.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack