ANNOUNCE: net/tcpdump Radiotap-aware port committed.

Bruce M Simpson bms at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 11 06:06:48 PST 2003

All,

I've just committed a new port of tcpdump 3.8.1 with David Young's
radiotap patches. On FreeBSD 5.2 I was able to get the radiotap headers
from the wi(4) driver with this. This is fairly bleeding edge so there
may be rough edges around it, play with it and let me know how you get on.

The main motivation for committing the port was to bring in features like
this without disrupting the vendor branch of tcpdump/libpcap in the FreeBSD
base system.

I'll be looking at bringing dstumbler back into the fold next. Have fun,
and happy warwalking!

Regards,
BMS