Gif IPTunnel networkA-to-networkB not work

hilman firmansyah hilman at nap.net.id
Wed Aug 27 20:54:40 PDT 2003

Hi,

I found the problem in :  sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1
After i fix the problem the routes works fine.  But then I know the VPN
solutions is not the answer for the questions since lately I know that in
real fact the 2 networks I try to connected is a Collide network !

The clients in A side and the servers in B side. A and B is different office
in one city, connected via fiber optic in vlan1 ( cant move to other vlan )
that used by many corporate office in same time.

  [ Client ] -----[ fbsd A ]---------------------[ fbsd B]-------[
Server ]-------- Intrnet

10.0.0.0                      |____ fiberoptic__________|
10.0.0.1

Is there any solutions with freebsd to make a Possible to encrypt the packet
from fbsd A to fbsd B  in transparent / bridging mode , So not internal data
visible to other company network in same fiberoptic.

regards,

nb: I m still trying with IPSEC to make possible but the literatures always
said the vpn working on different internal networks subnets

-