ppp-troubled

E.P.S. uc18492 at alumnos.unican.es
Tue Aug 12 07:05:40 PDT 2003

When calling through my 56k-modem sometimes (not very often) the modem misses
a number (por example, it does 5-6-9-1-silence-3-4..). While being connected
to my isp sometimes the CS switches off for a few seconds; also when de modem
is transmitting/receiving x aplications take long time to load (like 5-10
seconds, which is really annoying in a Pentium IV), or even executing. I
thought maybe all these things are related. It happens both using ppp and
pppd, using freebsd 5.1. Is this logical?

Thanks in advance