IPfilter changes?

Daniel Lang dl at leo.org
Tue Apr 22 07:03:14 PDT 2003

Hi Martin,

Martin Stiemerling wrote on Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 03:21:34PM +0200:
[..]
> Ah, ok, So you are running out of state table entries...
Oh well. Thats a statement I can use. :)

[..]
> That's OK, i.e. no out of memory problems within IP Filter.
>
> Would be nice to see the "State table bucket statistics" output from the
> end of ipfstat -s.
The buckets and active states kept changing, around 1500-4000+.

I talked to our netadmin, who told me, that this could be the problem.
In my ruleset I seems to carry _lots_ of unnecessary state information
around. I changed this to keep state only for outgoing connection
and flags S/SA set.

I will see, how it behaves.

Thanks a lot so far.

Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock     - Agartim billiard bumba m'abdul in papejim twista
-  rumba rock n rolla. Leik'ab mai. Spirzon Heroin se'osit gaula.     -