Netgraph one2many

Darcy Buskermolen darcy at wavefire.com
Mon Apr 21 11:50:01 PDT 2003

On Monday 21 April 2003 10:35, Christian Brueffer wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 09:31:27AM -0700, Darcy Buskermolen wrote:
> > I'm trying to implement a one2many setup however I'm getting the
> > following errorm msg:
> >
> > bash-2.0$ ngctl mkpeer xl1: one2many upper one
> > ngctl: send msg: No such file or directory
> > bash-2.0$
>
> Have you loaded the ng_ether and ng_one2many modules?
>
> - Christian

Thanks, I was missing the ng_ether.  In playing around with this I came up
with an idea that might be a viable way to solve a customers problem that
they are having with their VPN.  Their ADSL provider, in an effort to
discurage using their non business accounts for server type purposes have
imposed a per connection bandwith limit of 128Kbit. This makes the VPN
somewhat slow for his purposes.  I've used netgraph and ksock to create
tunnels for routing of IPX information etc. this has made me wonder if it's
possible to bind a bunch of these ksocks together to create a one2many over 7
tunnels, to allow the VPN to use the full bandwith?  How probabel does this
sound for implementing in the following mannor?

#create interface for connection 1
  ngctl mkpeer tee dummy left2right
  ngctl name dummy tee1
  ngctl mkpeer tee1: ksocket left inet/dgram/udp
  ngctl name tee1:left ksock1

#create interface for connection 2
  ngctl mkpeer tee dummy left2right
  ngctl name dummy tee2
  ngctl mkpeer tee2: ksocket left inet/dgram/udp
  ngctl name tee2:left ksock2

# bind connection1
  ngctl msg ksock1: bind inet/${LOCAL_IP}:4096
  ngctl msg ksock1: connect inet/${REMOTE_IP}:4096

#bind connection2
  ngctl msg ksock2: bind inet/${LOCAL_IP}:4097
  ngctl msg ksock2: connect inet/${REMOTE_IP}:4097

#bind to the existing VPN on gif0
  ngctl mkpeer gif0: one2many upper one
  ngctl connect tee1: gif0:upper lower many1
  ngctl connect tee2: gif0:upper lower many2
  ngctl msg gif0:upper setconfig "{xmitAlg=1 failAlg=1 enabledLinks =[ 1 1 ]
}"

--
Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.